Followers

Search This Blog

Friday, January 28, 2011

FOLLOWING THE SCRIPT

I’m lying here with nothing really in particular on my mind. The telephone keeps ringing. It’s 6:30am and I’m a little tired from the night before. My husband and I had dinner with friends and the drive was long. The dinner was great, the conversation was lighthearted and loving, making the drive that much more bearable. I’m ignoring the telephone hoping my son will answer so I can go back to sleep. It rings two more times between 6:30am – 7:30am. I’m still not budging to answer. Whoever it is obviously is not calling for me. When I finally do stir I check the caller ID to make sure it wasn’t the service calling with an assignment. Ah well, if it was important they’d leave a message or call back. Well now I’m up and I start my routine. As I said, there’s nothing in particular on my mind and nothing that I really want. I post this on my Facebook page and ask if anyone else feels this way. Perhaps my senses are a little dull from the lack of protein and dairy I’ve had little of in the past two weeks. I am in a state of contentment. Projects are still due; interviews have to be scheduled, becoming a charter member of a national organization, and planning a showcase are a few of the things on my immediate radar. I am not rattled by all of the work that must go in to make these activities successful. It’s just God fulfilling a promise he made years ago. I am amazed at His perfect pitch, His wonderful orchestration of my life and the lives that are intersecting. Perhaps my lack of aggression this morning is God’s way of saying, “Why are you struggling to make things happen? I am your Father who cares for you. I am setting the stage for what is to come.” These last few words are so familiar; they’ve been audibly spoken to me before. I have a quiet excitement and anticipation of those things that are to come. I’ve remembered more words, “Just follow the script”. Awesome! And so I know my life is in His hands, I’ll do just that.

No comments: