Followers

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Is it Love?


I have come to realize over the years how important prayer is in the life of a believer. The sermons on prayer that tell us we only use prayer when things are going wrong are not entirely true. For those who know how to pray, prayer is a daily sometimes multi-daily thing. What is in my heart is prayer for our young adults who think they are in love. By the way, at what age do we consider a person an adult? When they can make decisions? When they find a job or continue school, or move out on their own? For some maturity comes quickly. I remember leaving my parents home at age 18 and never looked back,that is to move back home. No matter what the situation, I was determined to make it on my own. But in doing that I had some bumps and bruises along the way. Does a person’s age necessarily constitute adulthood? At 18 I was much more mature than my 26 year old counterpart. (Typically girls mature faster.) Now I’m dealing with something and praying that these people will hurry up and grow up. The ying and yang of young love is wearing on me and I’m so tempted to put an end to the Romeo and Juliet syndrome. But who am I to interfere?

No comments: