Followers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Anticipating the Change with Obama

This is a crazy, exciting, anticipatory time in our lives. Everything is weighing in the balance, but our hope is in Christ. I've started my second book. While sitting in a parking lot waiting for the time to pass, I just started pouring out my heart on paper. I made the parking lot of the outdoor mall my altar. Soon I would have to leave to go tutor my northside kids. It was quiet for a while, then all the high schoolers started walking or driving through. Darn, just killed my meditation buzz!

I've really gotten involved in the Presidential campaign, more than I have ever involved myself in politics. Thursday night Barack will speak. There are listening and watching parties all over the city. I will be attending one at a local banquet hall in the neighborhood. I'm really trying to maintain my volunteerism so I'll go and mix and mingle and listen.

Be encouraged, I repeat, no matter what it looks like, this is going to be an exciting time in your life. Hold on now, its going to go fast!

Love you,
Patrice

No comments: