Followers

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

No More Drama

November 5,2008

At a 6:50 this morning I sat in front of my television watching the recap of the presidential race. All of a sudden a wave of relief flowed over my body and I began crying. Crying, for what? I had not thought so much emotion would exude as a result of the outcome of this race. Nor had I given much thought to my volunteer efforts during the last few months of Barack Obama's campaign. It was difficult to not help the campaign in some manner. The idle hours I had acquired due to not being fully employed, were put to great use.

Looking at the computer screen photo of my first grandson, I said quietly, “you have a future and it is brighter”. This was the line I used to get his dad to go and vote. I couldn't imagine why anyone would be so negligent as to not vote in this monumental, historical election. I was happy. The tides were beginning to turn. I knew that I would be secure in the arms of a loving God and the choice He had made for the highest leadership position of this great country.

No comments: